Classic Automatic Gateman
Since the 1950's the #145 gateman has entertained both children and adults alike, and has proved to be on of the most popular accessories ever built by Lionel. In 2015 the classic gateman returns better than ever equipped with the new Plug-Expand-Play system, making it easier than ever to hook up, operate, and enjoy!
Place your order today!
- Gateman emerges from his shed to warn motorists of passing trains
- Includes separate switch box to activate accessory
- Let your moving train activate the accessory by adding a Track Activator Pack to your track layout (sold separately)
- Connects easily to FasTrack with a Plug-Expand-Play Lock-on (sold separately)
- Connects to a traditional O/ O27 track lock-on or to an accessory power supply (lock-on and power supply sold separately)
- Can be upgraded to command control with the purchase of a SC-2 Switch Controller or an ASC2 (both sold separately)
Ratings & Reviews
Easy to set up but the quality is cheap and plastic. The gateman is a poorly made rubber that doesn't sit upright (he kind of has a lean to him).
When the door closes, the gateman doesn't go back inside. After further review I found the tension spring was too long and weak. I had to extend it. I'm confident it will not hold up over time.
The button is cheap plastic, that works but is flaky.
The lights work well, I haven't had a problem (yet).