Texas Special 18" Station Sounds Diner
When the Frisco and Katy introduced the new streamlined Texas Special trains in 1947, the Katy couldn't turn the train fast enough at San Antonio for the return trip. A third consist was needed. Each railroad contributed older heavyweight cars to the train, repainted in silver and red with a shadow line paint effect to match the streamlined equipment. Often these cars were mixed in with the other consists so that no passengers gotthe "old train." When more equipment became available in 1955, the cars found their way into other trains as well. Whether you want to add some of these cars to your existing streamlined consist, mix and match with other Frisco or Katy cars, or run a snappy matched train of heavyweights, this consist will look perfect behind a Pacific, PA's or your favorite Texas Special power.
Place your order today!
- Accessible with LEGACY ™ Train Master Control system
- Custom recordings featuring multiple characters allow you to recreate an entire rail journey - from departure to arrival at your final destination
- Arrival/departure announcements, dining reservation calls and more in-route dialog
- "Clickety Clack" sounds in motion
- Die-cast sprung 6 wheel trucks
- Operating couplers with hidden uncoupling tabs
- Flexible diaphragms between cars
- Opening doors
- Detailed interiors with figures
- Flicker-free LED interior lighting