Refurbished C&NW LionChief Plus RS-3 #1621
Refurbished Engines have been inspected and tested by our Service Department. Items are being offered in an "As Is" status, meaning they could have deco flaws or damage but they do run. All sales are final. 90-day warranty included on defective merchandise only. This is subject to review. Offer applies to in-stock refurbished locomotives only (labeled accordingly) at Lionelstore.com. Offer valid while supplies last. Every product varies in the "As Is" condition. Examples of "As Is": Deco issues, scratches, defective headlight or bell, etc.
LionChief™ Plus, an exciting and innovative twist in classic Lionel locomotives
Use the LionChief™ Remote for long distance control, great sounds, and operating multiple locomotives at the same time. Or flip switch and operate LionChief™ Plus locomotive from your current conventional transformer.
RS-3 Diesel Locomotives
Typically seen hauling freight trains in yards and on regional lines, as well as in local passenger service, this powerful 1600-HP Alco workhorse of the early 1950s was popular with railroads because of its versatility.
Place your order today!
- User selected operational modes: Conventional AC transformer control mode or LionChief™ wireless remote control with AC or DC power
- On/off switches for sound| smoke and control mode
- ElectroCouplers on front and rear (controlled by the LionChief remote only)
- RailSounds RC sound system with diesel revving and background sounds| horn| bell| and user-activated announcements
- Adjustable volume (controlled by remote only)
- Operating directional headlights
- Fan-driven smoke
- Dual maintenance-free motors
- Constant speed control to maintain a steady speed at a crawl or full speed and everything in between regardless of track conditions or load
- Lighted cab interior with figures
- Die-cast metal trucks| pilot| and fuel tank
- Metal frame
- Traction tires
- The "throttle" rotates to increase and decrease speed in both forward and reverse
- The red light at the top of the remote is a speed indicator; steady when in neutral and blinking faster as it accelerates
- Long range control| up to 60 feet
- Buttons for whistle sound| bell| and special announcements
- Multiple frequencies available| so multiple engines can run in the same layout at the same time
- LionChief locomotives can run on any Legacy | TMCC| or conventional transformer layout with 18 volts of power supplied to the track
- Requires three AAA alkaline batteries (not included)