Refurbished PBNE LEGACY NW2 #27
Refurbished Engines have been inspected and tested by our Service Department. Items are being offered in an "As Is" status, meaning they could have deco flaws or damage but they do run. All sales are final. 90-day warranty included on defective merchandise only. This is subject to review. Offer applies to in-stock refurbished locomotives only (labeled accordingly) at Lionelstore.com. Offer valid while supplies last. Every product varies in the "As Is" condition. Examples of "As Is": Deco issues, scratches, defective headlight or bell, etc.
From rail yards to branch lines to industrial use, the NW2 provided reliable and efficient motive power for switching and local freight use. EMD’s best-selling switcher of all time, the NW2 could be found on the largest and smallest of railroads as well as in many industrial settings. Dozens are still going strong today!
Over the long production run of the locomotive, there were several variations in design. The most common of these changes were the louvers in the hood doors and styling of the side sills. Lionel is bringing this pivotal prototype to our roster of scale diesels with all new tooling which will capture the many detail variations found between the different prototypes including the changing body styles. The locomotives feature fixed pilots with scale coupler mounting pads for easy conversion.
Place your order today!
- LEGACY® Control System equipped – able to run in LEGACY® Control mode, in TrainMaster® Command Control mode, or in Conventional mode with a standard transformer
- Odyssey® II Speed Control with On/Off switch
- LEGACY® RailSounds® sound system featuring:
- CrewTalk™ dialog and TowerCom™ announcements, each with different scenarios depending on whether the locomotive is in motion or stopped
- Six official railroad speeds with CrewTalk dialog
- Eight diesel RPM levels
- LEGACY® “Real-Time Quilling Horn” control with instant response for realistic signature “quilling” and correctly timed warning signals
- Single hit or continuous mechanical bell sounds
- Sequence Control: plays the sound effects of an entire trip, including warning sounds and announcements, based on the movement and speed of the locomotive
- Current speed and fuel dialog, refueling sound effects
- ElectroCoupler™ on front and rear
- Traction tires
- Refined Conventional Transformer Control Mode with lower starting speeds
- Fan-driven smoke unit
- Adjustable smoke output
- Directional lighting including LED headlights
- Illuminated number boards
- Lighted cab interior
- Die-cast metal trucks, pilot, and fuel tank
- Metal frame
- High levels of separately applied metal details
- Engineer and conductor figures