New York Central Waterlevel Limited HO Set
Race along the riverside in luxury aboard the New York Central. Pulled by a powerful Berkshire locomotive, this heavyweight consist recalls the glory years of travel along the "Water Level Route."
Place your order today!
- 2-8-4 Locomotive and tender
- 2 Coaches
- Observation car
- Twelve 20" Radius MagneLock curves
- Three 9" MagneLock straights
- One 9" MageLock terminal section
- Wall pack power supply
- LionChief remote for locomotive
- Electric locomotive controlled by remote, LionChief App, DCC or DC transformer
- Bluetooth equipped
- Locomotive and tender pick-ups for smooth operation
- RailSounds sound system with engine background and chuffing sounds, whistle and bell
- Operating directional headlight
- Operating directional tender light
- Easily convertible to other DCC decoders
- Sound ON/OFF switch
- Traction tires
- Powerful maintenance-free motor
- Working knuckle couplers
- Flicker-free LED interior lighting
- Working knuckle couplers
- Truck mounted couplers with body-mount boxes
- Window silhouettes
- Forward and reverse speed control knob
- Three buttons for whistle, bell and announcement
- Fun Christmas announcements and sounds!
Ratings & Reviews
I am very disappointed in the New York Central Waterlevel HO set. The engine is poorly designed and will not stay on the track. It constantly derails. Seems like the wheels are not engineered properly. I have always relied and trusted Lionel products but this is a major disappointment. I contacted customer service weeks ago but never heard back. The track and controls are great but the engine is not usable.
Great HO set hobbled by weak couplers
So far I love the set, the details are very nice and the passenger cars look great. They light up very well and the silhouettes look realistic . The couplers however aren't too great and have already broken a couple springs within the first week of owning the set. The magnetrack also leaves a lot to be desired . It works but very finicky, could be much better. Wish it was more like the Fastrack. Overall its a great HO set but had to lose a star due to weak couplers and poor track connection.
Poorly designed Engine
I ordered this set when they it 1st came out. I waited over a year for it to arrive.
When it arrived I was truly delighted until I put it on the Track! This engine kept jumping track at cross overs. I contacted Lionel about this, told them I would be glad to buy the fix for this, so far there is none!! To solve this issue I removed the front two wheels, the engine does not look as good as it once did, however at $360.00 I can't to let this train set and collect dust!! Oh by the way it runs fine now!!
Now I am still waiting for 4 cars that I ordered in Aug. 2019, been promised delivery several times, now they say they are to be delivered in Aug. 2020, We will see!! Everything else about this train is great, works great! Just the engine derailing is my only dislike!!