New York Central Southwestern Limited 21" StationSounds Diner
Please allow 3-4 weeks for delivery
Despite the fiercest of competition between New York and Chicago, the New York Central always struggled to match schedules and service to St. Louis against the Pennsylvania and even the B&O. The Southwestern Limited was the premier train on this long route, but it's consist was anything but consistent. With multiple connecting cars added and removed at nearly every major stop in route, the length and makeup of the train was always changing. It also meant an observation car for the end was a rarity and a hindrance to operations. Nevertheless, the train would rate modern motive power like new E7 diesels or large steam like J3 Hudsons or Niagaras and offered a variety of accommodations for both coach and Pullman passengers. The lack of a uniform train makes it all the more interesting to model - allowing for a great mix of heavyweight, streamlined and lightweight cars in multiple configurations and even paint schemes. So if you've got someone to meet in St Louis, or just about anywhere in between, this is just the train for you!
Place your order today!
- Control with LEGACY ™ or TMCC
- Custom recordings featuring multiple characters allow you to recreate an entire rail journey - from departure to arrival at your final destination
- Arrival/departure announcements, dining reservation calls and more in-route dialog
- “Clickety Clack” sounds in motion
- Plays station announcements and passenger dialog as well as rolling car noises in motion
- Flicker-free LED interior lighting
- Molded interior details
- Die-cast sprung trucks
- Kinematic couplers for close coupling
- Easy conversion to scale couplers