Chessie Steam Special StationSounds Diner
Celebrating the 150 year anniversary of the B&O, Chessie System ran a steam excursion program around its entire system in 1977 and 1978. Former Reading T1 #2101 led the 19 car train of brightly liveried cars on more than 40 trips. Nearly 20,000 riders enjoyed the excursions, with thousands more watchingalongside the tracks all along Chessie's routes. Now you can bring one of the most colorful excursion trains of all-time home! Perfect behind the Chessie T1 previously released, or perhaps the new Chessie-inspired GS-4, these colorful cars will fight for attention on any layout.
Place your order today!
- Accessible with LEGACY™, TrainMaster Command Control system
- Custom recordings featuring multiple characters allow you to recreate an entire rail journey – from departure to arrival at your final destination
- Arrival/departure announcements, dining reservation calls, and other in – route dialog
- "Clickety-clack" of the cars as they roll down the rails
- Die-cast operating "Kinematic" couplers auto adjust for close coupling on straightaways and wider coupling on curves
- LED lighting with capacitors for flickerfree running
- Separately applied details on undersides and bodies
- Narrow or full width diaphragms per prototype
- All-New body tooling
- Durable plastic bodies
- Detailed interiors
- Flush-fitting windows
- Scale Coupler mounting pads
- Die-cast metal sprung trucks
- Plays announcements at station stops and in route as "The Chessie Steam Special."
- LEGACY, TMCC
- Sequence control