CSX 86' 4 Door High Cube Boxcar #181032 (Boxcar logo)
The 86’ auto parts boxcars gave the railroads a massive billboard in addition to a reliable vehicle for just-in-time deliveries to keep America’s automotive industry rolling. Despite their age, hundreds of these cars are still going strong today. A few have even managed to retain their original colorful paint schemes!
The large blank canvas of these cars has made them popular for graffiti in recent decades as well. Lionel’s latest release of these cars includes some of our most requested classic paint schemes including the bright colors of the DT&I. We’re also including some colorful modern cars featuring graffiti and unique glimpses of the past including the C&O "bleed through" paint on CSX 180455 and a repurposed SP door on UP 980455 (a car that actually started life on the PRR!) All of these cars are inspired from prototype photos and ready for service on your railroad. Despite their size, thanks to kinematic couplers these behemoths will navigate an O54 curve!
Place your order today!
- Die cast trucks with rotating bearing caps
- Kinematic couplers extend on curves and retract on straights
- Cushioned draft gear pockets included for conversion to scale couplers
- Trucks easily convertible to two-rail wheelsets (sold separately)
- Graffiti cars inspired from prototype photos